What is a municipal ID and what its purpose?
- To alow all residents in the city to have access to a picture I.D., no matter their age, their gender and their country of origin.
- To signal to all residents that they belong in the city and that we are all equals.
- To create a more cohesive community and support our local economy once the card has added benefits from local businesses.
Rice County Neighbors United was the local group that created the campaign and worked with the City of Northfield to bring the first City ID program to a Minnesota city. Since the campaign in 2017. We continue to be involved with the implementation of the program by contacting the participating businesses that offer discounts at their locations and renew the coupon booklet. The coupon booklet is offered to every person when they do their City ID. RCNU also works assisting in bringing the program to locations beyond the Northfield Public Library such as Carleton and St. Olaf colleges.
The list of participating businesses that have
coupons people receive when they do their ID:
- Anytime Fitness
- Brick Oven Bakery
- El Tequila
- El Triunfo
- Gran Plaza
- Hideaway Coffeehouse and Wine Bar
- Hogan Brothers
- Imminent Brewing
- Jesse James Lanes
- Mandarin Garden Restaurant
- Martha’s Eats and Treats
- Northfield Arts Guild
- Northfield Historical Society
- Tandem Bagels
- Tanzenwald Brewing Company
- Walker Art Center
How ti get an ID it is super easy!
You can go to the Northfield Public Library and ask that you want to get the City ID.
No appointment necessary!
Go to the Northfield Public Library to review the documents and requirements to bring.
Visit their webpage at: